Peanut butter and chocolate are a classic combination. The nuttiness of peanut butter and the richness of chocolate just never go wrong together. I can now hear “We go together like rama lama lama ka dinga da dinga dong”, Grease fans, anyone? No? okay.
I made these moist dark chocolate cupcakes and peanut butter icing with a pleasant surprise- mini Reese’s cups on the bottom.
1 3/4 cup flour
2 cup sugar
3/4 cup cocoa powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup almond milk (can replace with butter milk)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup warm coffee
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line tin with cupcake cups. Place one mini Reese’s in each cup.
2. Combine and mix in all dry ingredients- flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a separate large bowl, with electronic mixer, mix together eggs, almond milk, vegetable oil, vanilla, and coffee.
4. Continue using the electronic mixer, mix in dry ingredients to the wet batch until incorporated.
5. Pour and divide batter in cupcake tin. Fill up about 3/4 full.
6. Bake for between 15-18 minutes.
Peanut Butter Icing
1 cup confectioner sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter
5 tbs unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup milk or heavy cream
With an electronic mixer, mix together all ingredients until fluffy and smooth.
Once the cupcakes are cooled, ice the frosting on top and decorate with sprinkles as you like.